Leicester Montessori Schools believes that a focus upon a students education is of upmost importance at any stage in their progression.
However we also feel greatly and put emphasis on our school encompass not only education, but supporting our students social, physical and emotional development.
Here at Leicester Montessori we have incorporated emotional intelligence teachings into our curriculum for now over 10 years, aiming to help our students become aware of their emotions to necessitate a particular outcome.
We feel working together with parents is essential for effective development of every child’s education, where we ensure regular contact and communication between ourselves is promoted, allowing us to further tailor our learning strategy for our students. We also feel it is important to work with both students and parents in identifying strengths and areas to further develop early on, and also to acknowledge any career interests to focus the study strategy.
From the Headteacher...
Much has changed in the one hundred years since Dr Maria Montessori began developing her teaching principles in Italy, but the importance and value of quality education has remained fundamental.
Here at Leicester Montessori School we recognise with the right education there is no limit to what can be achieved, and with this knowledge we aim to unlock the potential in all our students, instilling skills that can be carried, utilised and developed throughout their lives.
I believe that we can offer your child a truly tailored education, focusing on both strengths and weaknesses, in preparation for success in their future ambitions. We hope to inspire, nurture and guide in exceptional friendly learning environments, keeping at the forefront utilising the latest resources in this fast changing world. We recognise the importance of introducing education into developing minds and would like to share our values with you.
I would like to warmly invite you to come and visit our nurseries and schools, and welcome any queries or questions you may have. We look forward to welcoming you and together paticiapating in your childs ‘lifelong learning’.
- "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."- Nelson Mandela
- "The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled."- Plutarch
- "Children must be taught how to think, not what to think."- Margaret Mead
- "Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each."- Plato
- "You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives."- Clay P. Bedford
- "Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel."- Einstein
- "First the education of the senses, then the education of the intellect."- Dr. Maria Montessori
- "One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child."- Dr. Maria Montessori
- "Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in the environment."- Dr. Maria Montessori
- "The first essential for the child’s development is concentration. The child who concentrates is immensely happy"- Dr. Maria Montessori
- "The environment must be rich in motives which lend interest to activity and invite the child to conduct his own experiences."- Dr. Maria Montessori
- "The hands are the instruments of man’s intelligence."- Dr. Maria Montessori
Get in Touch
Montessori Group Head Office
140 Regent Road
- (0116) 255 4441
- (0116) 255 4440
Opening Hours: 8.00 am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday (Closed Bank Holidays)
Please contact us if you have any queries or wish to make an appointment to visit.